Wednesday 27 June 2007

Cinematic Regrets

My greatest cinematic regret to date is not buying the limited edition Die Hard 'Best of the Vest' DVD box set. Simply for the name, I ended up buying an HMV 'gift set' version of the trilogy but I can't help feel that it is lacking that certain "he's just a man, with a man's courage" Flash Gordon feel. Also I already owned the Die Hard with a Vengeance 2 disc set and I was disappointed that the HMV set lacks all the special features (such as the none too shabby alternate ending).

Anyhoo, the Die Hard Trilogy is a thing of beauty and I look forward to the next installment.

2 comments:

Anthony Ogden said...

Was horrendously disapointed with Die Hard 3, just didn't enjoy it at all. I hope the fourth is back on track.
Chistmas just isn't Christmas without the original Die Hard on the TV.

Vastian said...

You know I can say this without adding a single element of a lie, you are the first person I have ever heard EVER to say that Die Hard 3 was disappointing. EVER. Until you I had always been told that Die Harder was the weakest of the Trilogy.

I've added a quick review of Live Free Die Hard.