Monday 4 June 2007

The Boondock Saints

Surgical gloves on and I'll cut right into the putrid flesh of what's bad about this movie.

I always felt that there was something a tad anticlimactic about the ending. My personal opinion would be that it would have been better without the scene immediately before the credits, this scene whilst serving to continue the movie after the credits have rolled leaves the viewer with too much 'dead time' to think and then the televisual spell is broken.

Right, now that we've got that out of the way I can get round to telling you just how good this movie actually is.

Willem Dafoe is superb as the gay FBI agent who hates gays and is just one of those characters who oozes cool and you want him to win no matter what. 'Compelling' I believe is the word.

The acting is fantastic and the story is pure joy.

This movie is reminiscent of a production with a far higher budget, and I can't help but feel that more money might have had a negative effect on the final piece.

I'm telling you no more, go and buy The Boondock Saints right now.

Rating: B

No comments: